Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Some new additions to our blog

For those of you who have been visiting our blog, first of all, thank you! As you may have noticed, we have a hit counter, to let us know how many people are visiting our site. Absolutely NO personal information is being gathered through this, I guarantee you. I wouldn't do that, as I'm a major privacy "freak" myself. Let me state that again. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL INFORMATION IS BEING GATHERED FROM ANY VISITORS TO THIS SITE THROUGH THE HIT COUNTER.

The other new addition to the site are a couple of small Google Ads, with the occasional Public Service Announcement ad. The deal with those is simple. If you click on the ad, you'll be redirected to the site that has placed the ad. In return, we get paid a few pennies (or fractions thereof ... don't know yet, anyway it's a tiny sum) for you clicking on the ad. We are still not being paid for the content of our blog though (darn it!).

I may change the types of ads - size, number of ads, layout - but for now, I'll stick with the two small ads to see how that goes. One thing you won't see are big, flashing, banner ads. I hate those with a passion (a future Pet Peeve post)! For one thing, they're distracting as all get out, and for another, it slows down the page loading. I know that the majority of people are still on dial up (including me, my brother has cable), so the simpler a page is, the faster it loads. That counts when you have a slow(er) type of connection to the web.

I just wanted to let you all know what we're doing with our blog. I hope this is ok with everybody. Let me know in the comments.

No comments: