Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Some more new additions

I have added a couple of new things to the blog, hoping to improve things a bit.

One is that I've submitted the blog to Technorati - for an admittedly selfish reason. I want to see where our blog ranks, of course. You can see the little Technorati "bubble" on the lower right side of the page.

The other is that I went to HaloScan, and installed their Trackback system.

Hopefully both of these will have positive results.

UPDATE: A word of caution folks, regarding HaloScan! While their little add-on is great, once you do add it to your template, all comments on previous posts get deleted! That's not good. I didn't know that until after I installed it and checked how things looked. Althought we only had a few comments to a few posts, which really doesn't 'hurt' us that badly, I know that a lot of other bloggers have had their blogs for quite some time, and have a lot of comments, which would 'hurt' if they lost those. So if you have a lot of posts with a lot of comments, only install HaloScan if you really, really want the Trackback feature on your blog. If it doesn't matter, I do recommend installing it.

No comments: