Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Important disclaimer

When my brother and I began this blog, I was trying to figure out a name for it, and after making a few suggestions back and forth, we decided on the name we are using. In our excitement at starting a blog, neither of us thought to do any research on the name to see if anyone else was using it, and just started right up, typing away and posting.

Then, yesterday and today, while doing some things I came across a "little problem". There is a Conservative, Country and Western singing duo called The Right Brothers - Frank Highland and Aaron Sain - which I had NO idea about. I have sent them an e-mail to explain about our blog name, and to ask them what they want us to do in regards to that, as neither my brother nor I want to infringe on any trademark, nor do we want to mislead any of their fans. In the meantime, until I hear back from them, I have changed the description of our blog in the header at the top of the page.

Please note that we are not affiliated with The Right Brothers in any way (although we do support their work!), and if you were looking for them, and found us by mistake, we sincerely apologize. You will find The Right Brothers web site here - http://www.therightbrothers.com/.

UPDATE: I have been in communication yesterday and today (Feb. 22/23) with Aaron Sain regarding this situation, and I'm pleased that we have had very polite and friendly 'conversations' back and forth, and one of my comments to him was, "Thank God you guys are Conservatives!", with the idea that if they had been Liberals, we would probably be settling this issue in court, instead of between reasonable people of like mind, and possibly friends in the future.

I encourage everybody, if you have the chance, to go to their show(s). They are really a couple of "Good Guys", and deserve your support.

No comments: