Sunday, March 06, 2005

No more war?

I was out driving and doing some errands and saw a bumper snicker that declared, "NO MORE WAR". I had a hard time paying attention to my driving for a mile or so, thankfully I was on surface streets and NOT on the freeway, while I tried to figure out how that "lofty ideal" could possibly come about. The only way that war can be eliminated would be with the total elimination of everyone except me. One major problem with that would be that I couldn't share my opinions of what was trite and true with anyone, because there wouldn't be anyone. War is conflict between people. It varies in severity due to any number of reasons, yet to avoid it might mean acceptance of things which are awful to contemplate. I like the idea of no more war. It has a beauty in it that means no one is in conflict with anyone else. It supposedly means that we are all at peace. It isn't possible. There are too many people out there who think that everyone else needs to stop thinking for themselves and start accepting what the elites' pronouncements tell them is "right" and what "should be done". How can anyone think the idea of no more war is attainable is beyond me. I salute their right to be idiotic, but I can't go along with their beliefs. I guess that makes me "intolerant".

No comments: