Sunday, October 30, 2005

"Groundswell" says change is possible

As reported here, the Christian organization, Groundswell, says that it is possible for gay/lesbian teens to change their lives, while the gay/lesbian folks angrily say it's not possible, while the moonbat leftist Ken Schram pontificates on this in his usual non-sensical way.

Let me clue you in to something folks. Through God, ALL things are possible, even becoming "straight". I personally know this to be a fact. Was I gay at one time? No, but I was a heavy drug user, with no way to stop using drugs on my own. When I turned my life over to Jesus, however, He took my need to use drugs completely away, and I have been clean since 1978, and I consider myself to be a recovered (not recovering) drug user. That was a radical change for me, in that, I lived my life to use drugs. My whole reason for being, as it were, was to get high, but I knew that if I continued down that path that my life was going to be short. As a matter of fact, I predicted - no, boasted - to my friends that I would not live past my 21st birthday. Fortunately for me, I was wrong about that, and have made it 38 years more than I once predicted/boasted.

Contrary to what the gay/lesbian advocates will have you believe, I do not believe that we are "born" gay or straight; rather, I believe that it is a choice. So, if these kids really want to choose to change their lifestyle, it is possible for them to do so.

My question to the gay/lesbian folks is, how do you know it isn't possible to change? Have you even tried? Or are you so close-minded that you won't even try?

No comments: