Sunday, November 27, 2005

Clifford D. May sends a memo to Rep. Murtha

This country was founded on, among many other things, the principal of free speech. It's guaranteed in the Constitution, and as I write this, I am exercising my right to freely express myself. I served in the US Navy during part of the Cold War, helping to maintain that right for all Americans.

The right to express one's views freely is not partisan. It matters not one whit which political ideology you adhere to, or even if you don't adhere to any political ideology - you are guaranteed the right to freely express your views, whatever those views may be!

Recently, Rep. Murtha, a veteran of the Vietnam War, expressed his views on the current Iraq War, stating that it was "unwinnable", and that we need to bring the troops home now. Although I do not agree with his views at all, he still has the right to express those views.
Clifford D. Mays also disagrees with those views, and asks some pointed questions of the Honorable Mr. Murtha.

Questions that I, as a fellow veteran, would really like to see addressed by you, Rep. Murtha.

No comments: