Sunday, September 18, 2005

Once again, the P-I editorial board is wrong

In this piece, they are bemoaning the "silence" from state and local government officials regarding I-912, the gas tax appeal initiative.

Where the P-I editorial board is wrong, is that, instead of calling for more taxes, and more spending - as they have been doing for months now - they should be calling for fiscal restraint and responsible spending. With the existing 28 cent per gallon gas tax, and the amount of driving people around here do, with more efficient use of revenues raised through the existing tax, maintenance of infrastructure, along with new construction, can be done.

But, as usual, the P-I editorial board (along with most politicians) just doesn't understand the concepts of fiscal restraint and responsible spending. Makes me wonder how many over draft fees they incur on their own checking account, you know?

No comments: