Sunday, September 04, 2005

KC Elections supervisor may be fired

As reported here, KC Elections Director Dean Logan may fire the absentee-ballot supervisor, Nicole Way because of the foul ups with absentee-ballots in 2002, 2003, and 2004.

A brief recap of the foul ups - absentee-ballots not being mailed in time to overseas voters; absentee-ballot envelopes being sent out with no ballots inside; not finding 96 ballots in time to count them last November; failing to find valid signatures on file, but counting those ballots anyway; and improperly reporting the tabulation of absentee-ballots.

Now, I don't know about you, but I know that if I had made that many consistant errors in my job (and lied about it), I would have been fired long ago! Why it has taken Dean Logan so long to come to this conclusion is beyond me!

Hopefully, more "heads will roll", including Dean Logan's.

No comments: