Wednesday, April 26, 2006

There they go again, the death penalty is cruel and ...

I was out on the road listening to the news between hearing Rush when I heard that there were some judges who were talking about the lethal injection formula being used in some states to execute condemned prisoners, was one that would not even be used on animals to put them to sleep because it "could" cause severe pain. Why is it more important to value the "rights" of the condemned than the rights of the victims? I sometimes get the feeling that the ones who value the perpetrators believe the victims deserve whatever happened to them. Capital punishment is the end of the line for the convicted. The methods used by the various states have been getting closer and closer to terminating the guilty by "kindness". Since most of the guilty chose to ignore "kindness" in their methods of killing others, I find a lot of anger inside against the guilty and the numbskulls that have completely forgotten the reasons for the guilty being convicted. I would think that some other countries methods might come to mind for offenses, such as beheading, which I am positive causes severe pain. Do I want to see that here, NO! What I think needs to happen is for those who side with the guilty come to a realization that perhaps the punishment should fit the crime.

No comments: