Monday, November 03, 2008

Remember to vote

Tomorrow is November 4th, the day We the People of the United States of America have the opportunity to choose the leaders of our nation. This right to vote should not be squandered by anyone who is legally eligible to vote. Whether you think your candidate is going to win, or whether you think your candidate is going to lose, your vote still matters.

I had originally intended this post to be a rant against the Obama/Biden ticket, as I fully support the McCain/Palin ticket in the race for President and Vice President, but as I sat down to begin composing this post, I realized that those of you who are set to vote for the Obama/Biden ticket were not going to be dissuaded from that objective, no matter what I had to say. I also realized that those of us who are going to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket don't need any persuading to do that.

So I changed my mind.

Instead, what I want to say to everyone who reads this is, vote for whomever you want to - that's your right under the Constitution - but when you vote, vote your conscience. Don't vote for one ticket or the other simply because it's the "thing to do". Think about what you are doing, and before you pull that lever and slip your vote into the ballot box, ask yourself one thing - am I really voting for the right ticket? - and let your conscience be your guide.

Remember to vote tomorrow.

No comments: