Saturday, November 11, 2006

United States Marine Corps - 231 Years and counting

November 10th is the 231st birthday of the United States Marine Corps.

As a veteran of the US Navy, I have sometimes given in to my impulses to occasionally needle my "cousins" in the Marines, but I have always done so in a fun way, never in a demeaning or denigrating way.

I want to state - again - for the record, that I have the utmost respect and admiration for the US Marine Corps, and for the men and women who have served, and are now serving, our country as members of one of our nations most elite fighting forces, who are
"First to fight for right and freedom ...".

Happy Birthday, Marines!

Semper Fi!

[Edit - As originally posted, I had the date incorrect. My apologies to my "cousins" in the USMC.]

No comments: